SATIPS is a society run by teachers for teachers. Founded over 60 years ago, we are a professional support body for teachers and teaching assistants in independent schools across the UK and worldwide, providing training, information and resources directly to our members.
Why you should join SATIPS
SATIPS offers a range of benefits, including the following:-
- Training - SATIPS delivers a range of training via online webinars. These cover a variety of subjects and are delivered by experts in their fields, offering time and cost-effective training for staff at all levels.
- Preferred suppliers - SATIPS’ Preferred Suppliers initiative gives member schools access to a range of suppliers that have been fully researched and reviewed by SATIPS and have pledged to offer their very best prices to members.
- Prep School Magazine - SATIPS produces the popular Prep School Magazine, which is published three times a year and contains articles and comment on best practice taking place in over 1,500 modern UK prep and independent junior schools.
- Broadsheets - SATIPS members have access to more than 20 termly subject-specific broadsheets in paper and electronic formats, helping to share best practice and support teacher CPD.
- Competitions - SATIPS runs several competitions throughout the school year for member schools, encouraging them to showcase their pupils in everything from handwriting to skiing and art.
- Access to the SATIPS community - SATIPS is always working to provide an inclusive, diverse community and to support and share both knowledge and best practice.
Sign up to our newsletter to receive SATIPS emails and stay up-to-date with us.
Courses & Webinars
How Heads of Department should prepare for inspection
25 September 2023
How to improve your presentation skills
26 September 2023
The Changes to the ISI Framework for September 2023 and What They Mean to You
28 September 2023
‘Sticky Teaching and Learning’ – How to teach so that your pupils remember
3 October 2023
Mathematics: Checking for Understanding
5 October 2023
Creating an Inclusive Classroom
10 October 2023
Leading SMSC Across the Curriculum
7 November 2023
Positive Behaviour Management Strategies
9 November 2023