Course: Moving to Pastoral Leadership
March 16, 2018 9:30 am 4:00 pm
This course is aimed at those who would like to move to a Head of Year (or equivalent) role or to those who have just taken up this important position in a school. It identifies the qualities and skills needed to achieve this step-change.
The aims of this course:
- Review form tutor and pastoral support systems
- Build on good practice and existing skills
- Consider how best to tackle challenging and confidential situations
- Help improve confident communication with parents
- Identify how best to work with outside agencies
- Review the skills needed to manage a pastoral year team
Stephen is an experienced and respected teacher, consultant and writer with 30 years’ service in the education and health sectors. He works nationally across the UK and internationally in Europe, SE Asia, the USA and Bermuda.
- contributed to Teachers’ TV programmes
- helped devise the QCA Personal Development curriculum
- been an associate trainer for the National Children’s Bureau
- worked on the Home Office’s “Blueprint” Drugs Project been an accredited trainer of SHARE – “Sexual Health and Relationships Education” for NHS Scotland.
- provides training skills development for those working in Safeguarding Children (Child Protection).