Middle leader training for new HOD’s and Head’s of Year
• Do you need a middle leaders training programme in your school?
• How do you insure the successful career development of your best staff within your school?
• How do teachers make an impact as a middle leader?
• Can you show you have an educational vision and see that through to sustainable improvement in your school?
This course is for those staff who are looking to become HOD , subject leader or Head of Year. It provides an introduction to the role and the management and leadership skills required to make a success of it. Why send individuals away on a course when we can come to you and develop the skills of all your prospective and existing middle leaders all in one go?
The Essential Elements of Leadership & Management
• Leadership versus management
• Communication – the wrong and the right type
• Day-to-day operational duties vs. strategic leadership
• Successfully managing change & conflict
Outstanding Pupil Outcomes & Inspections
• What is an outstanding lesson?
• Creating a culture of self reflection & evaluation
• Effective lesson observations
• Monitoring teaching and learning
• Preparing for inspection
Build for long-term success – how to:
• Identify the priority areas for your school
• Development planning and the role of appraisal
• Build and sustain high performing teams
• Get things done without micromanaging
“How to” guide to the role and responsibilities
• Getting the job, applications and interviews
• Working collaboratively: developing a vision across the key stages