Course: Leading Music to Outstanding in the Prep School
- This event has passed.
October 9 9:30 am 4:30 pm
The leadership and management of prep school music is a unique and challenging role. Whilst the vast majority of prep school pupils are enthusiastic about their music lessons, those with responsibility for prep school music are required to ensure that teaching, learning and progress are of the highest standards. Couple this with expectations of high standards of public performances, the need to lead and manage instrumental and vocal teachers; and the assumption that every musician has the skills and knowledge to lead music successfully; and the role can be challenging as well as rewarding.
This course will provide you with highly effective tools and techniques to help you on your journey towards the outstanding leadership of teaching, learning and progress. We will explore clear progression through the prep school music curriculum, the smart use of assessment, data and intervention to raise learner attainment, challenge complacency and ensure good or better progression, the need to work in partnership with external music providers, other members of the music team and colleagues across the school; and a clear understanding of what is needed to lead thriving, successful, and effective prep school music.
There is much to be covered in this course.
For current or aspiring leaders of prep school music and teachers of music who are looking for effective strategies, and real workable approaches to drive prep school music from ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’, under excellent leadership, this course is a must.
What are the benefits of attending this course?
By the end of this course, delegates will have:
- Increased their understanding of the expectations for learning, teaching and progress in music in the prep school.
- Gained further understanding, practical strategies, guidance, techniques, on how to drive learning and progress in music to ‘outstanding’.
- Increase their understanding of effective curriculum planning to ensure clear progression of learning
- Explored how to use assessment and data effectively to inform planning and intervention and monitor impact.
- Enhance their ability to lead staff to improve outcomes and work effectively with external providers.
About Steve Burnage
Steve Burnage is a successful consultant, author and trainer who uses his breadth of experience in teaching, learning and leadership in urban, rural and inner city UK schools to deliver direct, contemporary and highly relevant advice, guidance and support to senior and middle leaders, teachers and support staff in schools, colleges and academies both nationally and internationally.