Course Description and Aims
The leadership and management of a prep school music department is a unique and challenging role. Leaders of music in prep schools face the rewards and challenges of planning and leading an active and creative music curriculum, managing a range of visiting instrumental teachers, representing the public face of the school through concerts and other events; and ensuring that music is seen as an area of teaching and learning that offers exceptional value for money to parents and school leadership.
There is much to be covered in this course. For aspiring, newly appointed and experienced heads of music who are looking for effective strategies, and real workable approaches to develop exciting, engaging and active teaching, drive their departments from ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’; and develop excellent leadership, this course is a must.
What are the benefits of attending this course?
By the end of this course, delegates will have:
• Increased their understanding of what outstanding prep school music can look like
• Gained further understanding, practical strategies, guidance, techniques, on how to lead their music department to ‘outstanding’.
• Been provided with practical, effective strategies to develop an active and creative approach to music teaching and learning that will engage and inspire children.
• Appreciated how to manage resources effectively, raise funds and show value for money
• Develop strategies to ensure that the music department presents a positive public face of the school.
Resources & Materials
• On arrival at this course, you will receive a specially prepared file containing detailed notes, teaching materials and resources which will be of immediate practical benefit in the classroom • You will also receive electronic links to a resource bank containing a wealth of teaching materials