High Impact Lesson Observations and Coaching to empower and develop staff in your school or department
“The feedback from the middle leaders and SLT was overwhelmingly positive, they loved being able to share ideas and raise their concerns”
Svetlana Bajic-Raymond, Deputy Head, Cotham School
STRATEGIES FOR LESSON OBSERVATIONS, FEEDBACK AND COACHING TO IMPROVE TEACHING AND STUDENT PROGRESS
• Do your middle leaders feel confident in the skills of lesson observation?
• Can you feedback to colleagues in a structured and supportive way?
• Do leaders know how to coach other teachers through improvements to practice?
• How do you develop an open-door collegiate approach to Teaching and Learning?
Teacher appraisal and capability place effective and accurate observations of teaching and learning at the heart of the process of overall improvement in both teacher and pupil performance and progress.
This course will explore practical strategies to ensure rigorous and robust lesson observations are at the centre of any school performance management processes; highly effective lesson observation is used to inform and improve outstanding learning and teaching.
• Establishing an open-door culture for sharing best practice across subjects
• Analysis of video material of a range of teaching practice
• Developing teaching staff as reflective practitioners
• The top 10 pitfalls to AVOID when observing lessons
• Strategies to use feedback and coaching to develop the quality of teaching and improve pupil outcomes
• Embed a formative approach to lesson observations through:
• Coaching and mentoring programmes
• Appraisal processes