- This event has passed.
Promoting good emotional health and resilient pupils is one of the corner-stones of wellbeing that every school considers. This course aims to explore some of the links between self-esteem and building up resilience in pupils. Participants will:
- Consider the relationships between feelings, behaviour and a sense of self-worth
- Discuss the importance of friendships in building self-esteem and ways in w hitch we can support young people’s friendship skills
- Think about raising aspirations and goal-setting for young people
This course will provide participants with:
- An opportunity to share experiences and insights about self-esteem drawn from our own working practice
- Exercises for working directly with young people
- Hand-outs and materials to support the further development of this work
Stephen de Silva is an experienced and respected teacher, consultant and writer with 30 years’ service in the education and health sectors. He works nationally across the UK and internationally in Europe, SE Asia, the USA and Bermuda. Stephen has:
- contributed to Teachers’ TV programmes helped devise the QCA Personal Development curriculum been an associate trainer for the National Children’s Bureau worked on the Home Office’s “Blueprint” Drugs Project
- been an accredited trainer of SHARE
- “Sexual Health and Relationships Education” for NHS Scotland.
- provides training skills development for those working in Safeguarding Children (Child Protection).