Course: Bringing Coding and Computing to life EYFS and KS1
February 27 9:30 am 4:00 pm
Who should attend?
All Early Years practitioners, Year 1 and 2 teachers, ICT subject leads, Directors of Studies or School Leaders looking to enhance and enrich the computing curriculum across the school and strengthen their own teaching and subject knowledge.
- The Computing Curriculum for non-specialists: The 8 things you need to know.
- Computational thinking in the EYFS and KS1.
- Approaches for bringing computing to life.
- Teaching coding with and without a computer.
- Making space for computing in your setting.
- Teaching strategies, lesson ideas and where to obtain a wealth of quality resources.
Note: delegates will need to bring an iPad or laptop
About the trainer
Joe Warren has been developing his passion for technology in education for over 15 years as a specialist IT teacher, school leader and advisor. He has been a specialist IT teacher and Director of Studies in London Prep schools and Head of the IT Curriculum for Cognita, the largest group of independent schools in the UK. He has helped teachers across the country embed and enrich computing in their schools. He is a champion of computational thinking and digital educational tools and is dedicated to helping schools develop their edtech capabilities.